Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Palmerston North Next...

Palmerston North, aka Palmy sells itself as "New Zealand's Premier Provincial Airport"...
I guess it could be, afterall it is an International Airport...
I had booked a grab-a-seat fare for $1 each way and had a free Sunday.
The benefits of being Gold Elite for are the Lounge Access.  It is always a pleasure to visit WLG Koru Club, the staff, the space and the array of beverages available is/are great!  Arriving early for a flight especially for a regional flight with boarding starting around 15mins prior to the alloted departure time means more time to enjoy the lounge.
The flight to Palmy was short and we were on the B1900D, my favourite seat 3A.  Views were obscured by low level cloud so not much to report.
Arriving at Palmy I hopped off after the 81mile journey and proceeded to have a quick look around the airport.  There is a display of old planes on the first floor that caught my attention for a few minutes before diving into the Koru Club lounge.
The lounge is unmanned and accessed via a door code.  Inside I was the singular guest and had a beer and surfed a little before watching some Sky and playing a quick game of online poker.
The return i had booked had me a couple of hours relaxing before hopping on and flying back to Welly.
So PMR now ticked off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter